Former child star Skye McCole Bartusiak’s cause of death is revealed three months after her death. On Monday, October 13, TMZ reported that the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences concluded Bertusiak passed away because of accidental mix of some substances including hydrocodone, typically Vicodin, and difluoroethane with carisoprodol.
According to the findings, Bartusiak possibly put chemical-soaked rug on her face to get high. Hydrocodone is painkiller, while difluoroethane is a colorless gas used as a refrigerant which is used to get high. Carisoprodol is muscle relaxant.
Bartusiak passed away at her home in Houston on July 19 at the age of 21. Her mother Helen told CNN that her daughter had been having seizures, a condition that she had suffered since she was a baby. She performed CPR on her when her boyfriend found her unconscious. “I’ve done CPR on that kid more than one time and it just didn’t work this time,” she said.