It takes time to learn things and that also goes to blogging. It’s a long process which needs constant change for you to get the hang of it. You will feel disheartened at first but if you are determined to learn, you will totally enjoy creating a blog.
Online tutorials are abounding for new bloggers out there who feel clueless about what they’re doing. Once you’ve got the technical aspect covered, it’s time to move on. You will then discover that blogging involves writing, advertising and interaction with other people as well. But those things are not commonly covered in tutorials, so I am giving out these useful guidelines for newbie bloggers:
1. Consider services with no cost – You don’t have to spend much in blogging especially when you are just starting. You might be tempted to purchase a bunch of stuff for your blog thinking these would make things easier. But until your blog starts earning for itself, I suggest using free services in the meantime, like blog hosting, mailing list software, blog stats and image hosting.
2. Get your own domain name – If there’s anything you want to initially spend on, it has to be domain registration. Blogs can create an impact through their domain names. It will be your trademark forever. It is not that expensive but it’s a worthy investment for your blog. It’s better to do this now than to upgrade a free domain name to a paid one at the peak of your success.
3. KISS articles – Do not complicate things when you are creating an article, you should Keep it Short and Simple (KISS). Majority of the readers will happen to see your blog through a search engine. This demonstrates their need for a certain information, and if they discover your article to be too lengthy, they might not follow your blog at all. Do not beat around the bush and keep away from technical jargon. Simplicity can go a long way in blogging.
4. Find useful (free) widgets -Some coding knowledge is a plus when handling a blog (example: CSS, HTML). But don’t fret if you know zilch about it. In fact, it might not be a good idea to be all knowledgeable because you might attempt to code everything yourself. Therefore, you should look for helpful widgets that can add to the improvement of your blog. Several might have tried your work such as adding pagination, make a lightbox album or hook up to an amazon store. All you have to do is look for a free code to add to your blog.
5. Read others – Bloggers learn by reading literature which includes other blogs. It would be less difficult to know more about the blogging business from a co-blogger than a whole textbook as your reference. By searching other blogs, you will learn from them by studying the way they write their articles and it can also be useful to you by applying some of the styles on your write-ups.
6. Learn to contribute – If you want to have blog followers, you should learn to contribute helpful tips. Make sure that all necessary details are included on your write-up. Some famous bloggers rose to the top by revealing all the tricks up their sleeves, like posting a tutorial on how to bake the yummiest chocolate cake or giving the lowdown on how to remove a nasty computer virus.
7. Reach out to everybody. The blogosphere is a global community so don’t pass up the opportunity to reach out to international readers. You can begin by making use of the universal language which is English that most of the people can comprehend. Some people are hard to please but exert some effort to satisfy the majority, so better embark on issues that nearly everyone can understand or give added information when you are featuring topics that are similar to your way of life.
New bloggers often don’t last long in the battlefield because they are overwhelmed by all the things involved in blogging. But if you are determined, blogging will just be like eating peanuts.